Tuesday 8 May 2012

Growing old, but not growing up

I remember as a teenager, I told myself (and others) I would never grow old. I wanted to live forever. Unfortunately, that was not possible, hey it happens to us all right? And as much as we dare to believe in them, the stuff we see in the movies isn't true :P

But where does it say that even though you get older, you have to act your age? I still love watching cartoons, playing video games, listening to loud music, and as far as I am concerned, I always will. Yeah so ok, as time moves on, so do our committments and responsibilities, but do these necessitate acting your age? Well, yeah sometimes they do, but that doesn't mean we have to allow them to dictate who we are. As you will have seen from my profile, I am a father and there is nothing I love more than getting down to the level of my kids and playing with them as though I am their friend and not a parental figure. Yeah I can do things better than them, but that doesn't mean I have to.

And now I find myself approaching my mid 30's, but I still feel and act like a kid inside. So, I have adopted a new motto for living, I may grow old, but I will never grow up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment