Thursday 3 May 2012

Too geek, or not too geek?

Is it just me, or is "geek" becoming something of a fashion statement? Are they becoming more acceptable within today's society? With shows such as Beauty and the Geek and Big Bang Theory, it is easy to see why this might be the case, and if so, then grrrrreat, cause my name is Kudosarian, and I am a geek :P Though I do not consider myself to be the worlds biggest geek, I do feel like one when it comes to computers, gadgets and movies among other things. But I am not the type to fluant it in public, to wear my "I am a geek" badge on my sleeve. But, lately I have noticed more and more people displaying their geekie side. So I got to thinking...too geek, or not too geek?

How about a guy on my bus the other day with a children's leather Batman satchel in an "over the shoulder" look (see image). Couple this with his flaunting of an iPad and an iPod with a retro style Nintendo Gameboy cover on it and I think you will agree that it's boarding on the line.

So what say you? Too geek, or not too geek????




2 comments:

  1. Not too geek please. A little will suffice :) I like gadgets and games and computers and so on but liking is one thing and not having a way out of them is another :) Everything in measure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Tinny, and I hope I never become too geek :P

    ReplyDelete